PHP is now widely used for developing web applications. One can develop highly robust web applications with the help of this server side scripting language. Here are some ways which will help you develop applications in a better and faster way.
- It is advisable that you keep the codes less complex. This helps in solving problems quickly and easily. So the bottom line is to keep your PHP MySQL code simpler. It also helps in saving your time and money.
- Backing up code is the most crucial thing you should do. You might spend hours and hours working on a PHP script and in case you accidently delete your code, the backup will save you. Your time will also be saved.
- Reusing PHP strings and script is also important. How does it help? Well, when you modify existing scripts it will save your time, money and energy. Reuse of your perfected scripts with minor changes will allow you to take existing PHP script skeletons and make the necessary changes to work with your app development guidelines. You will also be in a better position to understand PHP coding and become an expert in PHP application development.
- Another thing that can help you is have an upgraded Text Editor. Notepad is a great tool but in case you want to save time, use EditPlus2 or PHPEdit. You will save time from preventing yourself from searching walls of confusing, colorless text and fixing errors that Notepad cannot detect.
- Lastly it is important that you label your code and document properly. You will save tremendous amounts of time during complicated troubleshooting by giving your PHP code proper documentation.
Remembering these essential points will greatly help you in mastering PHP application development.